jump to navigation

Progress on UFO #10 February 8, 2011

Posted by Pam in KC in Colorworks Dresden Plate, UFO Challenge 2011.
trackback

February’s UFO started off looking like this.   When I started this quilt, the plan was to make this:

Those are 15″ blocks with 3″ sashing, so the quilt would finish at 75″ x 93″.  But since I can’t find these two quilted blocks, I can either pick a different quilt to work on, or approach the quilt with a fresh perspective.

Picking a different quilt wouldn’t get this one done, so I decided to try a fresh perspective.  I played in EQ with several ideas and decided on this one:

This quilt has a 2″ inner black spacer border, a 1 1/2″ inner border and then finishes with a 3 1/2″ outer border.  The quilt will measure 59″ x 89″.   I have to dig through my stash to see if I can find 5/8 yard of yellow fabric.  I may just have to make a trip to the LQS.  Believe it or not, when my husband looked at the options and I told him this one would require a fabric purchase, he still picked it.  I think he said something about 1 yard (I hadn’t done the math yet) wasn’t that big of a deal.

I haven’t just been playing in EQ, I’ve actually did pieced.  I now have 10 plates in progress.  I’ve got more cutting ahead of me.

Drop in later in the week to see how I’m progressing.

Advertisements

Comments

1. cartulinas - February 12, 2011

I think the new quilt looks much modern and fresh! Love yellow!


Sorry comments are closed for this entry

%d bloggers like this: