jump to navigation

Option #3 February 26, 2011

Posted by Pam in KC in Colorworks Dresden Plate.
trackback

Option # 3

 

Earlier this week I posted a couple of pictures of a possible layout for this quilt.  Essentially dark pink blades up and down or lighter pink blades up and down.  My original intent had been the dark pink up and down, but after I sewed 4 blocked together I put them up on the design wall the other way and kind of liked it.

I sent the pictures to my DH to look at. He had them opened in two different windows and kept flipping back and forth.  The illusion of movement  was neat.  His idea was to alternate the blocks.  I liked the idea well enough to do a bit of frog stitching to separate the blocks. Admittedly, I didn’t do the ripping until after I altered the picture in Paint.

Six more blocks to appliqué.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: