Stash Report October 28, 2012Posted by Pam in KC in Uncategorized.
There was no stash report last week. Partly because I didn’t have any usable count and partly because I realized I hadn’t figured out how to get a good tally on the shirts I disassembled.
In the past when I tore into a shirt the same year that I bought it, I roughly measured the usable fabric. If I didn’t break the shirt down until the following year, it was considered stash as I start my numbers over at the beginning of the year. But this time, I was so excited to start my quilt, I didn’t take stock of the yardage I recovered from the shirts before I started cutting it up for my current quilt.
To resolve this issue, I think I’m going to take one of the large shirts and calculate the yardage. I’ll then use this number at the time I bring the shirts home. It won’t be totally accurate, but it will give me a rough idea of the yardage. I must say, it’s going to blow my numbers, but I will survive. Look for the shirt tally next week.
As for this week’s numbers, I don’t quite have Checkerboard Plaid completed — one more row of blocks to sew together and then two more long seams. So, unless something drastic happens those numbers will be in next week’s tally as well.
What’s driving my number up this week is the Halloween fabric and the return of a stack of 2 1/2″ squares. Two months to go and I see the need to adjust my goal (darn shirts!) Let’s just say I hope my numbers don’t show more than 50 yards in the hole!
Fabric Added Since Last Report: 2.23 yards
Fabric Added to Date: 98.532 yards
Fabric Used Since Last Report: 0 yards
Fabric Used to Date: 78.488 yards
Net Used for the year -20.044 yards
Here’s the link for the stash report over at Judy’s.