jump to navigation

Spool Challenge Is Complete December 14, 2013

Posted by Pam in KC in Uncategorized.
trackback

spoolsquilted

 

Back in July 2012, Bonnie Hunter issued a 3″ spool leader/ender challenge. I started the challenge in August and one year later I had 334 spools. Earlier this week I quilted it. It is now bound, labeled and washed.

Stats:  a smige over 9 yards used in the top. Batting Unbleached Hobbs 80/20.  Honey Gold thread in the needles by cairo-quit and Bottom Line in the bobbin. I used the pantograph “A Little Bit of Fluff”. After washing the quilt measures 64″ x 78″.

While I was at it, I made a couple of matching pillowcases.  The body of the case is the same fabric I used as the backing of the quilt.

spoolscase

With the exception of the backing, all of the fabric came from my stash.  The border fabric I purchased – well I’m not sure now, but it was a couple of years ago.  It’s no longer on the Andover or Makower UK websites. The backing fabric was purchased Thanksgiving weekend.  It is from the Autumn on Whidbey collection by M’Liss.

selvage

 

 

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: