jump to navigation

Clean – Or At Least Close Enough August 7, 2010

Posted by Pam in KC in cleaning, studio.
comments closed

A month ago I said I needed to clean my sewing room.  Today it’s clean — or close enough.  Sure there’s stuff piled on my sewing table and desks, but the cutting board is cleared and there’s space for three to sew.  Admittedly the ironing board is in the other room, but that’s only so I can get to my design wall.

One of these days I’ll get through all the boxes on the black shelves and maybe even get the shelves out of this room.

What Cleaning Does September 2, 2009

Posted by Pam in KC in cleaning, notions, orange crush.
comments closed


I did not set out to clean. However, I received a “ton” of fabric cast offs which needed to be put up. There is still more in the basement waiting to be washed.

When we redid my sewing studio/office, I made the decision that if it didn’t fit on the two sets of shelves, I had to find another home for it — whatever it is. A few weeks ago I looked through all of my quilting magazines and donated a 12″ stack. You can’t tell by looking my shelves, because I gathered up the magazines that were scattered through out the house.

The fabric is a bit tougher. But, since I’ve made significatant progress on my DWR, it moved out of the bin it’s in and into one of my project bins. I also pulled out the extra fabric from a couple of other quilt tops recently finished and either put it away or dumped it on my table to be cut up into scraps. That’s the pile on the right in the picture below.

The pile on the left if what I found when I cleared my cutting table off. I’ve midplaced my small EZ Angle Ruler. I misplaced the large EZ Angle Ruler at the begining of the year. I didn’t even know I had one let alone two, plus the Companion Angle Ruler until I started working on Bonnie Hunter’s Orange Crush. Now I can’t find either!

I guess I keep digging.

Where has the Week Gone? April 9, 2009

Posted by Pam in KC in cleaning, DV Sweatshirt.
comments closed

Here it is Thursday and I’m trying to figure out what I’ve done this week.

Monday – A bit of cleaning to uncover my big board. Then I pressed and carefully folded the fabric I need for the borders of the quilts I’m taking to retreat. I also started ripping the ribbing off of a sweatshirt. Yes, a new project is born and the race is on to see if I can finish it before I leave for retreat next week. I’m using a jelly roll and a charm pack of Decadent Victorian.

Tuesday – I don’t want to repeat Tuesday. I dropped my car off at the repair shop. When he called me back he started the converstion with “You need new tires on top of this amount I’m about to tell you.” Picked up the car and drove straight to the tire shop. Got home late and then started chopping up the Decadent Victorian.

Wednesday – Sewed the chopped up pieced back into strips and got two strips sewn to the sweatshirt. I’m hoping I make more progress this evening.