jump to navigation

Oops Repaired November 9, 2010

Posted by Pam in KC in Blue Ridge Beauty.
comments closed

Several people commented that they couldn’t see the problem on my Blue Ridge Beauty. Pictured here it is the before (left) and after (right) I fixed it. Still needs borders, but I’m pretty sure that’s going to require a run to the LQS.

Oops November 4, 2010

Posted by Pam in KC in Blue Ridge Beauty.
comments closed

This week I wanted to get two more rows of blocks sewn together. I got on a roll and finished up all the rows and started sewing the rows together. I even turned the two center blocks on the top row. Once I sewed the last seam I hung it up to photograph it.

Oops! That doesn’t look right.

Took me a minute but I figured it out. I had the top in two halves — that center seam was the last seam sewed. Apparently I sewed the top to the middle. Ugh! I see ripping in my future.

Upon closer look, the last block on the 3rd row appears to be turned as well. Fiddlesticks.

Does anyone see anything else?

What’s on my Design Wall November 1, 2010

Posted by Pam in KC in Blue Ridge Beauty, designwall.
comments closed

When I’ve not been working on the DWR or Cream & Green quilt, I’ve been sewing blocks into rows on Blue Ridge Beauty.  The rows still need sewing together, but I think I’ll wait until I get all of the rows sewn.  I ended up swapping two rows because I ended up with the same fabric next to each other when I got the last row on the wall.  I think I’ve also spotted a flaw in the design with the center two blocks on the first row.

They are just like what we (my DH did the final layout in EQ7) had in EQ, but when I started to draw the quilt larger I was having a tough time extending the pattern.   I think the top center two blocks is why.  I’ll play with it more before I get to the last row.

To see what others have on their design walls, follow the links over at Patchwork Times.

What’s on my Design Wall October 25, 2010

Posted by Pam in KC in Blue Ridge Beauty, designwall.
comments closed

It’s something new — sort of .  My  Blue Ridge Beauty blocks which I started back in May in Bonnie Hunter’s class.  I’m making this roughly twin size.  I’m winging this as far as block placement goes.  I’m starting at the top of my stack of blocks and sewing them according to my layout diagram I printed from EQ7.

This was my leader/ender project, so now it’s time for a new one. I’m leaning toward Color Play in Volume one of Sew Scrappy Better Homes and Gardens Creative Collection magazine.   (I looked for a link on the BH&G website and couldn’t find one. This link is the first one that came up when I did a web search).

I’ve gotten as far as dumping my 2 1/2″ precut squares on the ironing board.  I can’t decide if I want to let it be “anything goes” and just sew a lighter square to a darker square (probably the fastest way to get started) or pick a “theme”.  The quilt in the magazine used green, red, yellow and blue prints, stripes and polka dots.  Regardless of what I decide, I’ll have to buy the sashing and border fabric.  I don’t have 3 1/2 yards of a “solid” in any color — well, maybe bright yellow, but I don’t think that’s the answer.

See what’s on others’ design wall by following the links over at Patchwork Times.